Being dairy-free myself I know that it is so important to create dairy-free recipes for my baking mixes. My chocolate chip cookies are made with butter-and I am a big fan of baked goods with butter. BUT, I have been converted! A vegan friend, who is also a chef suggested using coconut oil and he was right. My cookies with coconut oil are divine! Dare I say I even like them better than with butter?
You tell me . . .
Chef Janet's Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies a la Dairy-Free
- Heat the oven to 350
- Melt ½ c coconut oil and set aside to cool for 10 minutes
- In large mixing bowl beat one egg +2 Tbsps milk substitute until smooth. While beating, pour in the cooled coconut oil and beat until well combined.
- Pour in the mix and stir with a wooden spoon until all of the mix is moistened.
- Do not chill the dough as it directs on the package.
- Using 2 spoons or a scoop, drop about 1-2 Tbsps dough onto a parchment-lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the cookies are light golden brown around the edges.